I have a few suggestions for her:
- Go to your local Vinnies or other charity store and ask if they have an old knitting pattern section. Sit there a while, check what patterns they have. They are usually around 50c to $1.00 a pattern leaflet. Look for patterns in 5ply or 8ply Patons wool. Patterns from earlier decades seem to have fitted jumpers. Find one you love.
- Go to your local library and spend some loving time at call no. NF 746.
- Then ask all your acquaintances if they know anyone that knits for cash.
- Or see how other girls cope with their long, skinny arms. My suggestion is that if you love the knitted look, but think your arms are holding you back, go for a long sleeve lycra fitted t-shirt, the same kind available at Kmart, Big W or Target nearly every season and mix it with a hand knitted cowl, a knitted scarf, a shawl or a poncho, and perhaps a trench coat?
- I also happen to know that in the town where my friend works, there is a very good craft cottage in Cook Park. Go and have a chat, see if they have any custom knitters. In fact, looking at the website, I want to go there right now. Park Guildry, Orange.