Search Me

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Crowbar Scarf

"Are you knitting with crowbars?" was the opening line to a conversation I had yesterday with an older lady as she came and sat on the seat beside me and voiced her concerns about the lack of seats in the main street of our local strip of shops that have recently (and much to the inconvenience of ALL) been repaved.

No, I wasn't knitting with crowbars, but size 9mm Milward knitting needles and this is what I was knitting.



When I was cleaning up my stash a little a few weeks ago, I found a ball of this homespun rustic wool (that smells of lanolin and has grass in it, so it really is rustic) and put it aside. Inspiration struck and this is what I did with it.

The pattern is as follows:

Cast on 7 stitches.

Knit first row, purl second row.

*Next row: Knit 2, Yarn Over, Knit 2 together, Yarn Over, Knit 2 together, Knit 1.

Purl next row.*

Repeat from * to * until happy with the length (or the ball is nearly finished). I reckon mine is around 4 metres long.

Knit next row and then cast off using purl on the next row.

Done. Weave in ends.

Wind it round and round like a garden hose and toss it over your head. Enjoy.

This pattern is not to be used commercially or to be resold without my written permission.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments no longer welcome.