Search Me

Friday, July 23, 2010

My Vinnies Scarf

Here it is. The work in progress.


And the finished results...


Knitted on those 6.5 mm needles I bought the other day for $2. Notice how the needles narrow significantly as they get towards the plastic cord. Stitches jump down here and you have to push them back through and may potentially split the wool.

This used three of the Patons Totem balls which may have been partial balls to begin with.

The pattern is as follows.

Cast on 17 stitches. (I nearly always use a cable cast on).

*Knit first two rows.

Third row ... knit 2, purl 1, knit 2 together, knit 2 together, yarn over and knit 1, yarn over and knit 1, yarn over and knit 1, yarn over and knit 2 together, knit two together, purl 1, knit 2.

Fourth row ... purl

Then recommence pattern at *.

At the end I completed the pattern with a purl row, did a knit row and cast off.

I loved knitting with this wool ... it was vibrant, soft and scrunchy. Nothing quite compares to wool.

When knitting, make sure you knit it long enough to fold in half and poke ends through loop.

And I guess this scarf may have cost about ...hmm $0.60. Bargain. I love Vinnies.

This pattern is not to be used commercially or to be resold without my written permission.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments no longer welcome.