Search Me

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Looking like some sort of python ...

Curled up on a chopped log, is an easy scarf to knit if you have mastered Yarn Overs.

Cast on 21 stitches over 8mm needles.

Knit 1 row.
Purl next row.

^Next row: Knit 2, *Yarn over, Knit 2 together* until end of row, Knit 1.

Purl next row.

Repeat last two rows twice.^

The Purl 1 row, Knit 1 row, Purl 1 row.

Then repeat from ^ to ^.

This is knitted in Cosy Wool by Lincraft, which on trying to find at the Lincraft website, I think may no longer be available through the website, though may still be in some shops. This colourway is apparently called "Natural Mix".

If purchasing for a special project and you may need more than one ball ALWAYS check that the DYE LOTS and the colour are exactly the same with each ball, and preferably purchase all yarn at the same time so you can physically compare it.

I'd like to thank my niece for her wonderful top photo. I told her we were modeling scarves and she was my assistant. I guess I was hers.

This pattern is not to be used commercially or to be resold without my written permission.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

1 comment:

  1. I was at Lincraft at Macarthur Square today and they still had Cosy Yarn, though not all colours, and I forgot to ask if it was being discontinued. Shame really.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments no longer welcome.