Search Me

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Knitting May Not Be Your Cup of Tea, But This May Be - Up for Grabs


Patons Book R.14 Specially Requested Reprints with Men’s Jumpers and Vests including Rocky, Denis, Brian, Biscay, Tasman, Flinders, Baltic, Caucasus, Alpine, Sierra, Dampier, Pacific, Grampions, Sturt, Andes, Ritchie, Henty, Man’s Scarf in Totem. Man’s Scarf in Fingering, Man’s Gloves, Man’s Scarf and Gloves, Heel-less Spiral Stockings (A) and Heel-less Spiral Stockings (B) - 51 pages in all, C5 (half A4 size).

I have two, having purchased the second yesterday and am giving away one. Wools featured include Patons Totem, Bluebell, and Patons Beehive Fingering 4 ply.

The book is not in perfect condition (some rips and tears and the hole punching!!), but has all complete pages and in my collecting, I have only seen two. I'm not sure what era it is from but hazard a guess .. the 50's. Somebody else may know.

I like the horses on the front!


To be in the draw, please be a follower and please comment on this post. If you don't have a blog, please leave an email. I'll get my daughter to draw names out of a hat on Sunday afternoon EST.

Good luck!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

8 comments:

  1. My name looks fantastic on a piece of paper in a hat. Count me in!

    twelvedaysold@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. well... you know how I love vintage knitting patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a big knitter, so please don't enter me. I just wanted to mention that I will be stocking an etsy shop with bikinis soon and will make sure I make some 10's. I will probably start the prices cheaper and increase them if they sell well. Keep an eye out. thanks for your interest, I am still so thrilled with the result and my girls love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And can I just say I really enjoyed your post on Glory Boxes. I thought they sounded similar to what we'd call a Hope Chest, so I checked. :) Yup; one and the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoops, it deleted my first sentence. That's weird. I said:

    Count me in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a new follower and I would love to be counted in your draw :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. And the winner is twelvedaysold. I'll be sending you an email!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finally posted it today!Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments no longer welcome.