Search Me

Monday, October 18, 2010

Little Treasures - More Jug Covers

So I was at my Mother and Father's farm on the weekend and I was looking in the china cabinet and look what I found, and of course I had to photograph them to preserve the images forever and share them with my blog readers.

These are from my Grandmother's (Nannie's) collection and from my mother's Nan's collection. They are a little tattered and a little bit unravelled, but you can expect that for their age. I'm not sure who made them, but my mum said that her Nan crocheted but didn't knit, so she could have made them.

I have one more to share with you, but I'll save that for another day.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

7 comments:

  1. are they toppers for jugs of lemonade, to keep the flies out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are milk jug covers for afternoon tea milk jugs (to keep the flies out)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my neighbour(when I was very small) down the road had these - with green glass bead - I was so fascinated by the beads and the crochet as a child. These ones are just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Nessa, they're truly lovely!
    My Mum does beautiful crochet too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, they are amazing!
    I wonder how you would protect them from aging.
    That top one would have taken hours to thread all those beads onto it.
    Thanks so uch for sharing these gorgeous treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep! Love these little jug covers too. Have a small collection including one with a tea cup. Yours are fab!!!!!
    I don't craft these just collect :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are just gorgeous! You might just have to 'borrow' one or two of them soon. I always keep my eye out for such special things like that, but I haven't been lucky enough to spot one yet.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments no longer welcome.