Search Me

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Little Treasures




I went shopping today. Yes, I know, again. Yes, I know, more Amber Glassware. Who could walk past this beautiful vase for $4.50? Not me. My neighbour even assisted by being at the same store and carefully driving it home for me, while I went and did more shopping. She was going home anyway.

I also got this cute Butterfly sugar bowl and the Pennine Wedgewood Cup for $3.50 or thereabouts. Not bad when I have just seen the same Wedgewood cup for $10 on ebay. I've also seen 6 cups and saucer for $15 + delivery, so  .... The Pennine Wedgewood was manufactured from 1965 to 1971, was "Made In England" and is marked "Oven to Table" on the bottom.

The Butterfly sugar bowl has no mark of maker on the bottom or country of origin. I just liked the shape and the motif, given my name is Vanessa and it means "butterfly" in Greek if you look up the baby names book.

I'm quite liking 70's cups at the moment in brown for some reason....



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

5 comments:

  1. LOL. You must be a collector. Catherine from A Time to create left me a message to say I was tagged. So now I am tagging you. Pop over and read my post to find out what you need to do. But don't have to pay along if you don't want to. Charmaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love amber glassware too, and the sugar bowl and sup are awesome. It's great that you know so much, I have no idea what to look for, I just buy what I like, probably get ripped off all the time :-)

    Thanks for visiting my blog. Did you mean your daughter wants one of my bikinis of just a bikini in general? I am wondering what size I should go up to, still unsure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for popping over to my blog today. Australia is actually on the list as a possible holiday destination but at the moment it's just that bit too far! Your Wedgewood cup looks so familiar, I'm sure we had some of those when I young.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a large Amber glass comport bowl that I keep marbles in (note, I did not say MY marbles) and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the amber pitcher. Well, I'm not an amber fiend, but it reminds me of my late grandmother who definitely was. She had a whole china cabinet full of pieces. Yours is really pretty. The design almost looks like bunting or fabric swags.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments no longer welcome.