Search Me

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Drinks Trays




I quite like collecting drink trays, especially Willow ones and most especially the Brian Baigent one above. I bought it at the Salvos at Bankstown about two years ago for about $5. Salvos at Bankstown is no longer in the shopping centre and it is a pity.

The middle Queensland tray is made in Hong Kong, but quite attractive and the top tray is by Maynard Waters and is also manufactured by Willow.

Earlier in the year I wrote an email to Willow and asked if they would ever reissued these trays.They said no.

I love bits and pieces of Australian memorabilia.

Ebay Australia currently have a tray the same as the Brian Baigent one for sale at the moment for $14.95 if you would like a similiar one!

For more info on Maynard Waters, follow this link.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

3 comments:

  1. Denise and Muriel22 October, 2010 14:26

    Lots of info on dyeing and microwave and WOOL.
    http://5acreschool.us/dyeing.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those trays bring back memories of summers at my grandparents' places, with cold lemonade served in chilly anodised aluminium cups!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can remember those, we had quite a few of them at my parents home...I wonder if my Mum still has them.....

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments no longer welcome.