Search Me

Thursday, November 11, 2010

I've been tagged by GeorgyG Design

Just as I was reading GeorgyG Design's blog, I realised I had been tagged! Here we go!

4 things that..... are usually in my handbag

1. Knitting. I always take knitting everywhere. In fact, I feel naked without it. It is perfect for occupying me on the bus, on the train, in a doctor's reception etc. Today my daughter had conjunctivitis and we visited the doctor's and got drops and I had my knittting with me!!
2. A library book that needs returning or that I just borrowed. I love my local library, and borrow books on knitting and other stuff incessantly.
3. Wallet.
4. House keys.

I'm pretty bad at preplanning when taking the kids. Today I went out and then as I walked up the hill, I could have kicked myself, as there was bottled water sitting in the fridge that I could have taken to sustain their never ending thirst!

4 things that..... are in my bedroom

1. A small oil painting of hydrangeas purchased at South West Rocks (NSW mid-north coast ...) pre kids (199?) at the Boatman's Cottage (best co-op craft shop!!). It is by S. McDougall, a local artist and I paid about $70 for it and I love all the blues in it. My friend Karen bought a similiar one of Pansies by the same artist at the same time.
2. Two turned bedlights. I have two wooden tall boys (handcrafted by R. C. Roberts Pty Ltd, Ringwood) with a mirror stand that has turned sides. When we were married, we had matching light stands turned to match the mirror stands by a wood turner in Engadine. It was the first time he had turned wood and left square sides at the bottom.
3. A amber glass dressing tray with butterflies. These were from my maternal grandmother's paternal aunt when she died, Amy, who had a reputation for being a little difficult. She obviously had fine taste though! I also have matching candle stick stands that are at the top of my cupboard somewhere, out of the reach of the toddlers that had invaded my life!
4. I hate to say it, but usually a washing pile I have yet to put away!

4 things that ..... I would like to do but never did

1. Get my car licence. Now I can hear the gasps, but yes, I don't have my full licence. I do have my L's and now I also have a small white automatic car and I have been driving with my husband, but for the longest time, I was very fearful of driving. I'm getting over that and having older children now helps!
2. Go to a Laoni Prior workshop. http://www.grandpurlbaa.com Laoni is the self confessed Queen of Tea Cosies, and has written Wild Tea Cosies and Really Wild Tea Cosies (google them!). I've looked at her dates for next year and I think children and schooling might get in the way. Blast. Maybe I'll have to work on my husband not working that day!
3. Go to Adelaide. (yep, never been)
4. Go to Perth. (yep, never been)

4 things that .... you don't know about me 

1. I have two brothers and one sister. And one brother-in-law.
2. I have 12 nieces and nephews from those two brothers and one sister. 4, 2, 6 children each. 14 kids together makes for quite a party! (And none from the b-i-l.)
3. My sister and I used to fight like cat and dog and now get along quite well.
4. I'm moving from Sydney at the start of next year. You might already know that! 

Now I have to tag 4 people to play along!

Secret Diary of a Stay-at-home Mum
I Am Housewife ...... Hear Me Roar
MonetPaisley (and check out the swimsuit giveaway while you are at it!!)
A Passion for Vintage Textiles

Play if you have the time or inclination!!

10 comments:

  1. Hi nessa, my friend didn't get her license till she was 39. This was cause she had nightmares about driving her family off a bridge. and she still wont cross large bridges.

    Just wondering what the third thing is you would like to do???

    I didn't realise you had to be tagged to one of these and I wrote one up during blogtober when I was struggling for material.

    I will post a link to the one I did then though. Thanks for tagging me, it's my first time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps that third thing should have been "learn to count!!" I'll fix that now!

    My mum had an accident with me in the car when I was about 2. She had a white VW and was run off the road (car smashed up a bit) by a truck. And it freaked her out a bit and I think maybe it freaked me out a bit too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't get my car license until after I was married. :) No real need, and I'm a big chicken about some things, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twelve nieces and nephews! They got bizzay!

    Here's where I get to sound like an American, what are L's?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nessa, I will....just give me a day or so. I did not get a driving licence untill I was married and came to Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In NSW we have Learner's Plates, which are yellow, with a big black L in the centre to show that you are learning to drive. Mine are in "holders" beside the number plate. You then do a driving test and once you have passed that you progress to Provisional Plate (P1) and then pass another test and progress to a P2, and then finally have your full licence. If you are under 25, you have to log at least 120 hours driving time (which includes a minimum of 20 hours of night driving) and have held your learner licence for at least 12 months. Sometime it pays to be over 25!

    And in those nieces and nephews, I have two sets of twins. In the same family. Yes, conceived naturally. 1 in 10,000 chance.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments no longer welcome.