Just as I was reading GeorgyG Design's blog, I realised I had been tagged! Here we go!
4 things that..... are usually in my handbag
1. Knitting. I always take knitting everywhere. In fact, I feel naked without it. It is perfect for occupying me on the bus, on the train, in a doctor's reception etc. Today my daughter had conjunctivitis and we visited the doctor's and got drops and I had my knittting with me!!
2. A library book that needs returning or that I just borrowed. I love my local library, and borrow books on knitting and other stuff incessantly.
4. House keys.
I'm pretty bad at preplanning when taking the kids. Today I went out and then as I walked up the hill, I could have kicked myself, as there was bottled water sitting in the fridge that I could have taken to sustain their never ending thirst!
4 things that..... are in my bedroom
1. A small oil painting of hydrangeas purchased at South West Rocks (NSW mid-north coast ...) pre kids (199?) at the Boatman's Cottage (best co-op craft shop!!). It is by S. McDougall, a local artist and I paid about $70 for it and I love all the blues in it. My friend Karen bought a similiar one of Pansies by the same artist at the same time.
2. Two turned bedlights. I have two wooden tall boys (handcrafted by R. C. Roberts Pty Ltd, Ringwood) with a mirror stand that has turned sides. When we were married, we had matching light stands turned to match the mirror stands by a wood turner in Engadine. It was the first time he had turned wood and left square sides at the bottom.
3. A amber glass dressing tray with butterflies. These were from my maternal grandmother's paternal aunt when she died, Amy, who had a reputation for being a little difficult. She obviously had fine taste though! I also have matching candle stick stands that are at the top of my cupboard somewhere, out of the reach of the toddlers that had invaded my life!
4. I hate to say it, but usually a washing pile I have yet to put away!
4 things that ..... I would like to do but never did
1. Get my car licence. Now I can hear the gasps, but yes, I don't have my full licence. I do have my L's and now I also have a small white automatic car and I have been driving with my husband, but for the longest time, I was very fearful of driving. I'm getting over that and having older children now helps!
2. Go to a Laoni Prior workshop. http://www.grandpurlbaa.com Laoni is the self confessed Queen of Tea Cosies, and has written Wild Tea Cosies and Really Wild Tea Cosies (google them!). I've looked at her dates for next year and I think children and schooling might get in the way. Blast. Maybe I'll have to work on my husband not working that day!
3. Go to Adelaide. (yep, never been)
4. Go to Perth. (yep, never been)
4 things that .... you don't know about me
1. I have two brothers and one sister. And one brother-in-law.
2. I have 12 nieces and nephews from those two brothers and one sister. 4, 2, 6 children each. 14 kids together makes for quite a party! (And none from the b-i-l.)
3. My sister and I used to fight like cat and dog and now get along quite well.
4. I'm moving from Sydney at the start of next year. You might already know that!
Now I have to tag 4 people to play along!
Secret Diary of a Stay-at-home Mum
I Am Housewife ...... Hear Me Roar
MonetPaisley (and check out the swimsuit giveaway while you are at it!!)
A Passion for Vintage Textiles
Play if you have the time or inclination!!